Book Sale Guidelines
The Friends of the Bloomingdale Public Library host the semi-annual book sales every year. There you will find gently-used books for adults & children, videos, DVDs, CDs, games & more!
We now accept MasterCard & Visa.
There are no restrictions or limitations to what you can buy. There are also discounts if you donate books and games before the sale.
All proceeds benefit the Friends of the Bloomingdale Public Library for reading programs, library materials (3D printer, smart table, etc.) and other events and improvements.
Ask for details at the main desk or call 630-529-3120.
Spring (March) & Fall (September)
- When: Saturday (9am-4pm) & Sunday (1pm-3pm)
- Where: BPL lower level Meeting Room A/B (on your right)
- Donations: Book donations will be accepted 1 week before the sale. Please click this link to review the donation policy on the library website.
- Make sure to receive your $1 OFF coupon when you donate 20+ books, games, CDs and DVDs the week before the sale. Good towards your Saturday purchase.
- Buy a “Bag of Knowledge” Friends tote bag and get $1 OFF your bag of books.
- Notices: The Almanac, BPL website, local publications, schools, www.bookfinder.com
We accept cash, checks, and major credit cards.
Book Sales in 2019
Watch for our yellow yard signs the week before the sale!
March 21 & 22
Volunteers … Meeting Rooms A/B are reserved March 16 – 22
September 19 & 20
Volunteers … Meeting Rooms A/B are reserved September 14-20
Go to our Annual Events for Volunteers tab for more event details.
If you would like to volunteer for this event, please email mybplFriends@gmail.com and specify your area of interest …
Sort books (pre-sale)
Work the sale (Sat/Sun)
Wrap up (post-sale)
For the full list of all Book Sale prices (Saturday & Sunday) – click here.
Friends having fun on Book Sale Day!
Click on the dragonfly to return the Friends page of the Bloomingdale Public Library website.